My guest today is Derek Halpern, the founder of Social Triggers. A Blog about Psychology and Marketing. In it’s first year of existence, Derek had nearly 20K subscribers to his blog.
After building several successful blogs in various niches (entertainment, fashion, etc.), he’s refocused on what he loves most: Building and Marketing Businesses.
In today’s session we dig deep into psychology and marketing. Why it works, why you should be using it, and how psychology plays a big part in Online Marketing.
You’ll also learn about:
- What your blogs secret sauce is
- Why your idea is not the reason why your blog takes off
- What Derek did before the Internet
- How a site that talked about dumb stuff got Derek started online
- The reason Derek quit online marketing
- What Derek did for 2 years before getting back online
- Why Derek started Social Triggers
- How Derek uses language patterns to Network
- The difference between Action Colors and Passive Colors
- What the Von Restorff Effect
- How Derek made my brain bigger ;-)
- and much, much more
Enjoy the show:
Things mentioned on the show:
- Social Triggers
- Social Triggers Insider Podcast
- Jonah Berger
- Dan Pink
- The Von Restorff Effect
- Scientific Advertising by Claude C Hopkins
- Advertising Secrets of the Written Word by Joseph Sugarman
- Mind Control Language Patterns by Dantalion Jones
- Neuromarketing: Understanding the Buy Buttons in Your Customer’s Brain by Patrick Renvoise and Christophe Morin
- Things I stole from other Blogs to Design my New Blog Theme
Derek Halpern: What’s more persuasive? “I think” or “I feel”?
Check out Derek’s YouTube channel at Social Triggers TV
Favorite Quote of the show:
The competent advertising man must understand psychology, the more he knows the better.”
Thanks for Listening:
I so appreciate your time and listening to this episode. Hope you enjoyed it and took a ton out of it. I know I sure did ;-)
If you haven’t yet done so can you please take just a moment to leave a quick 5 star rating and review of the podcast show over on iTunes by clicking on the link below.
Till next time …Peace and I love ya for free ;-)