What is a “Call to Action”?
Well that depends on who you ask. If you ask me, I’ll probably give you a different answer than the next guy.
So I did a quick google search just to see what other ones were out there that might be different than my interpretation of it.
Here’s what I found:
- Words that urge the reader, listener, or viewer of a sales promotion message to take an immediate action.
- The implicit or explicit suggestion contained in a marketer’s content in an advertising banner or Web site copy.
- Statement usually found near the conclusion of a commercial message that summons the consumer to act.
- And many, many more. You can find more definitions here <==
Here’s my definition: Basic instructions of telling people what to do…
There’s really no secret or anything high tech about it. It’s just those other people, or sites make it sound more complicated than it really is.
About Today’s Session
Today we’ll be covering my definition of a Call to Action and how I use them in my online businesses.
There’s to forms of CTA’s I use and probably the only ones I use now a days.
1: Blatant Call to Action – This is just that. You blatantly tell people exactly what do to.
2: Hidden Call to Action – This one can be very dangerous. You can make people walk down the street in their underwear, lol (not really but it can be scary)
I’ll use one my my facebook landing pages as an example. I’ll break down what I did with it and why I did it.
Things mentioned in this session:
- My facebook landing page (the actual one I used for the example)
- Facebook Landing Page tutorial
- Cavett Robert (found this on vimeo)
- Cavett Roberts quote: “Most people are walking around with their umbilical cord in their hand looking for a new place to plug it in.”
Here’s the Video I breakdown:
Need your help
If you can please support the show by leaving an honest rating and review on iTunes. You can do so by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! I appreciate it very much.
Thanks for listening and I’ll c-ya on the next show.
Peace and I love ya for free ;-)
Please subscribe below to the podcast to get automatic updates: