Barrett Brooks, founder of Living for Monday is our guest today.
He’s an aspiring world-changer, entrepreneur, and an obsessive learner.
Barrett is the creator of Career Kickstarter. He helps students and young professionals live on purpose, find fulfillment, and make an impact on the world around them.
We went deep in our conversation. We talked about many things from his struggles on and offline to how he got to where he’s at today.
Things you’ll learn:
- How Barrett struggled to find his voice
- His one burning desire
- What he realized about himself while in jail
- How he learned about blogging while on lunch break
- How he created his first online product
- The advantages and disadvantages of creating his first product
- How he would create a product today
- Why a repeat customer is more important than a first time customer
- How he made $5,000 in 5 days
- How he identified his sweet spot
- and much, much more
Things mentioned during the show:
- Living for Monday – Barrett’s blog
- Career Kickstarter
- 36 Things Barrett shouldn’t tell you
- How Barrett made $5k in 5 days
- Ramit Sethi
- Pat Flynn
- Chris Guillebeau
- Corbett Barr
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Rate and Review the show ;-)
Favorite quote of the show:
Any product you create is a part of your story as a person”
Thanks for Listening:
I really appreciate your time and for listening to this episode. Hope you enjoyed it and took a lot out of it.
If you haven’t yet done so can you please just take a moment to leave a quick 5 star rating and honest review of the podcast show over on iTunes by clicking on the link below.
Till next time …Peace and I love ya for free ;-)