Andrew Warner is our guest today. He is the founder of Mixergy.com where he interviews highly successful entrepreneurs on how they built their business.
Today we talk about how to get the most out of interviews. Andrew has a knack for getting the best and the most out of the people he interviews.
Since I’m doing more and more interviews myself, I knew one way to get the answers I was looking for was to get the man himself and drill his brain.
Other things you’ll learn:
- Why Andrew only interviews successful people
- What Mixergy is and why Andrew created it
- How Andrew gets the most out of his interviews
- Why you shouldn’t apologize or be afraid of asking the REAL questions
- How you should structure your interviews
- How to land big names and different strategies to use
- How to get Sponsors for your show and get them to pay you for it
- What you should and shouldn’t do when selling ad sapce
- Why Andrew wished he wasn’t a dork and why I wished I was
- Why Andrew didn’t read my email
- Why I have to pay my wife to do interviews
- The look on Andrew’s face when he found out about my name ;-)
- The part where Andrew made me cry!
- and much, much more
Things mentioned on the show:
- Leo Laporte podcast
- The Hero’s Journey by Joseph Campbell
- Seth Godin
- Recycled Go Getter with Nick Ruiz
- Schedule Once
- Acuity Scheduling
- Leave a Review on iTunes ;-)
The uncut, unedited version of the Andrew Warner Interview
(click here to watch the Andrew Warner Interview on YouTube)
Here’s Andrew Warner on Good Morning America
(click here to watch Andrew Warner on Good Morning America on YouTube)
This is for Andrew ;-)
(click here to watch this video on YouTube)
Thanks for Listening:
I so appreciate your time and listening to this episode. Hope you enjoyed it and took a ton out of it. I know I sure did ;-)
If you haven’t yet done so can you please take just a moment to leave a quick 5 star rating and review of the podcast show over on iTunes by clicking on the link below.
Till next time …Peace and I love ya for free ;-)